Sunday, March 14, 2010

So what if it's been a long time?...

I never promised frequent posts. Heck, I think I said they wouldn't be frequent. I've even got a link to prove it. Harrumph.

But I'm back again after yet a long hiatus. And for good reason.

Here's why: I let myself get suckered into making a HUGE amount of desserts. Twist my arm...

I must admit though that when I first told my friend that I'd be delighted to make the desserts for the luncheon for grandparents' day at school, I didn't anticipate that I'd be baking for 110!

On the other hand, a fun challenge.

Here's my menu. Mmmmmmmm.....
  • Handmade peanut butter truffles (photos below)
  • Mexican wedding cakes (photo below)
  • Oatmeal cranberry white chocolate cookies
  • Almond macaroons
  • Mini biscotti
  • Chocolate chip cookies
Photos to be posted as they are available. Here are the first two:

Handmade peanut butter fudge truffles

Step 1: make the fudge (I used Alton Brown's simple recipe)

Step 2: Form the truffles

Step 3: Make them pretty:















See?!??! Pretty!!! :) :) :)

Mexican Wedding Cakes


Don't those just SCREAM grandmother??! "Grandma, eat me! Grandma, eat me! Grandma, eat me!"

Well, I'm going to sign off this post so I can bake and photograph more yummies!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment