Saturday, March 27, 2010

Yer Welcome Very Much!



Now that Grandparents' Day is over, I signed myself up for desserts for our school auction. If I feel like it, I'll get to photos and descriptions of those. I'm not in the mood now, but I will take a moment to brag about my to-die-for Dark Chocolate Kahlua truffles. What more can I say? They were beyond yum.

OK. On to the business at hand.

After I finished helping get the school auction site in shape for attendees, the nice ladies who were insane enough to co-chair the auction presented me with a little thank you giftie.

Here it is. A cute little glass box (probably ~2 cubic inches) with bow details outside and green m&m's inside. The m&m's are imprinted with the phrases "Thank You!" and "You Rock." Here's a close up of it.


Nice. Sweet. Because I need another tchotchke, y'know. And m&m's, well, you shouldn't have!

Honestly, I do feel appreciated. I do. But they really didn't need to do that. They could have just said thanks.

We interrupt this blog post for yet another digression from your sponsor:
I hope the sweet women who gave this to me don't get all offended by this - as you can tell, I am operating under the assumption that almost nobody visits my little corner of Bloglandia. And I'm sure the two people who do (you know who you are Sarah and Jen) won't say anything, so...

OK... got that out of my system and I feel much better.

Back to the auction... I wish I had taken photos of the centerpieces. Oh. My. Gawd.

Somehow, someone at school got the good folks at Fat Belly organic farm to donate bushels and bushels of GORGEOUS organic veggies. And some artistic person from school arranged the stuff into baskets that made incredibly beautiful centerpieces. If I had been at the auction, I would have wanted to bring home one of those to be sure. Yum for the eyes and the tummy!

Healthy edible art! I can make unhealthy stuff look pretty but I've never been able to take an assortment of raw veggies and make them look that elegant. I am in awe. And inspired. If I ever host a healthy food party, I'm going to try that.

Did I say healthy food party? Oh, right. Oh well.

Anyhoo.... after the artistic folks (translation, not yours truly) had finished putting together those gorgeous veggie baskets, there were a few bunches of chard left. I got to take one home. Here's a close-up. As you can see, this gift is also shiny and green.

Now THAT green shiny gift says thank you to me!

And so I say, "Gals, you are more than welcome!"

No comments:

Post a Comment